Reached the point where your online presence is positively dull and lacks luster?
OK, so I sound like a Pantene commercial, but you have to admit that they know how to put the ‘wow factor’ back into hair. Your digital self can shimmer and glow just as radiantly with an online makeover. All it takes is a few simple steps to snip away those rough ends and cover that grey!
1) Book an appointment
You’ve made the first step, don’t delay, set the date and get planning.
Collect inspirational information. Research online (and offline), and all the time let an endless flow of questions joggle your brain cells:
- What don’t you like?
- What do you like?
- Where are changes required?
- Where can improvements be made?
- Whats your budget
- Whats your time-frame?
- What are your goals?
- How would you like to be perceived?
You might be asking yourself – ‘but why all the questions?’ – questioning starts the planning process. It gets all those ideas rising and pouring onto paper. You can’t start until the begin, and you can’t begin without questions!
2) It’s all about the style
You know what they say – a good hairstyle is all about the style; the cut. the same applies to a website. If you get the style set, everything else will fall into place. Style sets the order, the mood, the atmosphere of a website (Yes – websites have atmospheres).
Just like a worn-out hairstyle, a website can look outdated quickly. It might take one year, or three, but eventually every site will become staid. Keep reinventing your style and your site will be reborn!
- Watch out for striking styles for inspiration
- Read up on the latest styles and modern twists. No time? Enlist someone who can
- Keep abreast of new technologies and concepts that your public will expect (2010 – Collaboration, sharing, interaction)
3) Colour me happy
Colour goes hand-in-hand with style. Donning a fresh lick of digital paintwork will lift your site instantly. If you have strict brand guidelines, why not recommend a new shade for the palette and highlight the benefits:
- Will rejuvenate the site (brand)
- Renewed appeal for visitors (and you!)
- Modernise your site
4) Co-ordinate and Integrate
That’s the website done, but what about everything else?
In marketing, co-ordinating means extending your style to all your activities (emails, brochures, social media, blogs). Embrace your new style – integrate it into all your digital channels and your offline activity.
5) Attention seeker
You’re looking hot (and you know it!). Now it’s time to flick that shine switch to max and grab some attention.
Flaunt that new look, here’s how:
- Email all your ‘friends’
- Share images and videos on social media sites (get friends to share)
- Add to forums and networking sites
- Promote with banners and sponsored adverts
- Blog the experience
- Add a mention to your email signature
- Print out some flyers for networking groups and events
Keep the shine bright by making regular tweaks!
Share your ‘makeover’ experiences …